Montreal / Remote
Outpost VFX are looking for Pipeline Developers to join our team. As part of the pipeline team, you will be working closely with other developers to build the next generation of our VFX pipeline. Off the back of new investment we are planning to build a completely new CG pipeline based on USD and Houdini. We want to take advantage of modern techniques and technology to give our artists the best possible working environment. Ideally, we are looking for someone to start immediately.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Help the company to improve and make efficiencies in the pipeline.
• Balance your workload between development and implementation of pipeline modules while supporting pipeline-related tickets.
• Update on pipeline progress and milestone achievements every week.
• Improve and maintain existing code to improve quality, reliability, and maintainability.
• Find and fix bugs.
• Proactively test new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality.
• Actively participate in code reviews, test new concepts and technologies.
• Achieve milestone targets set in your pipeline development Sprint.
• Attend to pipeline meetings ensuring regular contact with other members of the team.
• Successful implementation of artist requests or features.
• Helping the infrastructure team as well as the R&D team
• Collaborate on Open Source projects.
• Ensure good communication with the production team as well as any other member of the company.
• Mentoring more junior developers to maximise the department's output as well as their skills.
• You are expected to have an industry-related degree (i.e. Computer Science degree, Mathematics degree)
• Top-grade, expert-level Python, with complementary experience in C++
• Skilled GUI development in Qt/PyQt/PySide
• Skilled in CI/CD and Agile practices
• Comfortable working in Linux
• Knowledgeable in industry standard DCCs such as Maya, Katana, Shotgun, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke.
• Experience with USD
• Experience with Shotgun Toolkit
• Ability to work independently on a self-directed team in a rapidly changing, deadline-oriented environment.
• Proactive and cooperative
• Calm under pressure
• 5+ years industry experience as Pipeline Developer.
• Montreal or Remote
• Depending on Experience
• Health Insurance
• Company Pension
• Wellness Benefits
• Fantastic company culture in a creative environment
How to Apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected].
• Include your CV
• Add the position you are applying for in the subject of the email
All applicants must be eligible to work in Montreal, Canada at the time of applying.Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.