Environment / DMP Artist
2D / 3D
Outpost is opening a new Los Angeles studio to supply high-end visual effects to clients locally, in addition to supporting the company’s global operations.
We are on the lookout for talented mid-senior Environments/DMP Artists to join our new LA team in 2021 for some exciting projects which we have on the horizon.
Responsibilities and Duties
• You are responsible for creating the highest possible quality of environments work on a broad range of disciplines and styles across high end projects in film, TV and commercials.
• Ability to create hard surface and/or organic assets which meet the brief creatively and technically.
• Ability to work as part of a team, taking direction well and able to collaborate with the 2D team to ensure the needs of both teams are met.
• Maintain and develop skills to keep up with developments in software and processes.
• Understand and follow Outpost VFX’s pipeline procedures and conform to and uphold the Outpost workflow pertaining to all aspects of 2D & 3D.
• Be present and vocal in all relevant dailies sessions, setting an example of the Outpost culture in terms of professionalism and quality/creative reviews.
• You are expected to have an excellent ability to navigate between 2D and 3D approaches for Asset Creation.
• 2.5D DMP Skills
• Excellent knowledge & expertise in a variety of applications including Photoshop, Mari, Nuke, Maya, etc.
• Knowledge of layout, shot composition and photography.
• Flare for creating photoreal environments.
Additional Desirable Skills
• Experience using Shotgun on productions.
• Knowledge of Houdini
• Understanding of Shading networks. Experience in performing Look Development tasks.
• Previous experience with look dev & shading
• Background in photography/fine art/design
• Broader Generalist Skillset (please indicate on application)
• Naturally creative, with an artistic eye and understanding of composition.
• Good time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
• Show good initiative and problem-solving abilities to tackle problems.
• Able to share knowledge and techniques with other artists.
• Able to participate in creative and technical discussions.
• 2+ years industry experience in 3D Environments working on high end film, TV or commercials.
• Los Angeles, US
Due to Covid-19 you may need to be able to work from home at the beginning of your appointment. However, if offered a position you must be willing and able to work in our LA studio. If shortlisted for an interview, you will be asked some questions to assess your homeworking capability.
• TBC 2021
• Depending on experience
How to apply?
• Send a short cover email to: [email protected]
• Include your Demo Reel, Portfolio and CV
• Specify what role you would like to be considered for in the subject of the email.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US at the time of applying. Visa candidates are not being considered at this time.Apply now
Click here to read our Candidate Data Protection Privacy Notice.
At Outpost we believe that our strength lies in our differences. These help us to take different perspectives, challenge norms and create a special environment based on mutual respect. Outpost is an equal opportunities employer. Employment with us is based on a person’s extraordinary talent and potential. No candidate will receive any less favourable treatment based on their age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual preference or any other factor that has no bearing on an individual’s ability to perform their job.